We Start with Mindset
We're a new kind of training company: we build learning experiences that shift mindsets, empowering forward-thinking teams to have greater impact, autonomy, and satisfaction in their roles. Through highly interactive training we create a growth mindset which enables the acquisition of key transferable skills.
Boosting these transferable skills has impact not only at an individual level, but also in the way employees interact and collaborate with team-members, and in how they contextualise and align their objectives and values with those of the organisation in which they work. Our clients see impact in key areas such as:
- Improved customer experience
- Stronger organisational identity, culture and values
- Better capitalisation on growth opportunities.
Above all, we pride ourselves on listening to and responding to your business needs.
To find out more, and how we can help you reach your organisational goals, use the link below, or call us on +230 5 258 2803.
We don't do traditional training. Instead of sitting in a classroom listening to theory, participants interact, collaborate, complete challenges and reflect—in short, they learn by doing. What's more, there's no standard formula: our services start with you. We take the time to fully understand your needs, before working with you to create the learning experience that will make a real, lasting difference:
- Bespoke and aligned with your needs—we customise every engagement based on your needs, your values and your brand
- Real learning with real results—practical and interactive exercises create and reinforce good habits and best practices during the session itself. Our tried and tested integration tools ensure day-to-day application and drive a culture of continuous growth.
"Like a tornado"... Listen to what participants think:
Our vision is to lead soft skill development in Mauritius and lead the charge for bringing purpose back into work.
Our mission is to design and deliver innovative and impactful learning experiences that shift mindsets and transform businesses.
Our Guiding Principles
We're guided in our work by our principles:
- Work as a force for good | We believe that an individual’s work is their contribution to the world, and that work, as a craft, deserves time, care and dedication to excellence, no matter the discipline. We strive to embody this mindset of purpose-driven work in our own activities, and to promote it amongst those we serve.
- Collaboration | We value sharing, open dialogue, and mutual support. Our vision, mission, and our day-to-day activities are underpinned by a willingness and desire to work together with other market players. We aim to promote our vision and values in not just the actions of our company and our customers, but also in our competitors. Openness is our default mode of operation.
- Innovation | We seek to disrupt the status quo where it is detrimental to the well-being of individuals, organisations and society, and where it is not aligned with our vision for work as a force for good. We seek to be innovative in our services, our processes, and in our business model.
Chief Executive Officer
Joe manages Gemstone training engagements, accompanying clients from first meeting to impact measurement and feedback report.
Before co-founding Gemstone, Joe lived and worked in London, where he helped industry-leading FTSE 100 companies navigate change in business consulting roles at Fujitsu and HP. He co-founded presentation consultancy Conva in 2012 and interned at Newcastle University incubator Rise Up where he designed workshops, competitions and student outreach programmes.
Joe has a Masters of Science (with distinction) in Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship and a Bachelors of Music, both from Newcastle University.
Joe is an MQA-registered trainer.
Creativity and innovation
Management of large-scale training programme engagements
Extensive UK consulting experience in FTSE 100 companies with HP Enterprise Services and Fujitsu
Train the trainer programme design for major UK bank.
Chief Product Officer
As Training Design Lead, Coralie uses her passion for people to discover organisations’ hidden talents through facilitation and innovative engagement design.
Prior to Gemstone, Coralie spent four years conducting market research for startups and leading organisations in the digital, pharmaceutical, food and retail industries.
In her roles as Marketing and Communication Strategy Officer and Business Consultant Coralie provided reports and advice on market positioning, business models, advertising campaigns.
Coralie's experience also includes business planning for entrepreneurs. She has a Masters in Entrepreneurship and Innovative Projects from Paris Dauphine University.
Coralie is an MQA-registered trainer.
Training needs assessment
Training programme design
Interactive training delivery
Market research and data analysis
Training programme design for major consulting, management services and pharmaceutical companies
Delivery of workshops, training and coaching
UK consulting experience for clients including leading technology, consumer goods and pharmaceutical firms.